Friday, January 12, 2024

Aunt Jan & Uncle Lee Visit

Aunt Jan and Uncle Lee arrived in Orlando on Saturday for a week at their timeshare.  When I figured out that we would be back while they were still there, I invited them up for a visit.  They were busy on Thursday, but had a free Friday afternoon.  We were happy to hear that and made plans to meet them here around 1 p.m.

While they were driving up this morning, my Dad played golf at Ocala Palms.  It was raining when he left and was supposed to continue for the rest of the day.  Thankfully, it stopped and ended up being very nice with temperatures in the seventies.  

I texted my Aunt Jan at 1:30 to see how their drive was going.  They did not have a Sun Pass and decided to bypass the Turnpike.  Unfortunately, there was a lot of traffic, stoplights and construction, so it took them almost twice as long as normal.  They did arrive safely, however, after 2 p.m. and I had fun giving them a tour of our home.  We spent the next two hours catching up with what everyone had been up to over the past few months.  I enjoyed listening to my Mom and Aunt Jan as they have so many shared memories to talk about.  It reminded me a lot of when I used to sit with Grandma and Grandpa.  I also thought it was really neat to have them together in my home in Florida.  

My Dad made it home at 4 p.m.  There was no one on the course, so he actually got to play thirty-six holes.  I had to pick up Doug at work, so we all decided to eat dinner at Crazy Cucumber before Aunt Jan and Uncle Lee left for Orlando.  It was a nice dinner with some great conversation and everyone enjoyed eating at Meg's favorite restaurant in Ocala.  As an added bonus, I was able to set up Uncle Lee's new Sun Pass, so their trip home was a lot better.  Overall, it was a wonderful day in Ocala and I was super glad to play host to such a memorable afternoon.  








No comments:

Post a Comment