Friday, January 26, 2024

Busy Season

Meg started busy season this week and has been a little bit overwhelmed by it all.  It is not the work so much that she's worried about, but more the expectations for her first year.  Cal's given her some advice, which has helped and also reminded her that she's not alone.  He is in audit, however, so they both realized that tax could be completely different.  Cal also spent his first busy season working remotely due to Covid, so that was different from her experience as well.  

I haven't been able to do much to help the situation but listen.  I watched from the sidelines for both Cal's and Doug's first busy season and know that it can be rough.  Usually, eating well, getting enough rest and taking breaks helps a lot.  I hope the same is for her.  I was glad to hear that she and Nick were going to spend a few days in Bloomington this weekend.  Immediately, it brought back fun memories to her of all of the times that we stayed there as a family years ago.  She will still have to work, but at least she'll be in a familiar place with her friends and family close by to do things with at night.  Meg told me today that Nick brought her a pop at lunch from her favorite Circle K in the whole world and that made all of the difference.  I was glad to hear that.  I know dinner at Social Cantina will help as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment