Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Going Home

Several inches of snow fell last night into the morning, so Doug worked from home today.  The rain started after 8 a.m. so the roads were pretty clear when I drove to dentist.  I was afraid last night that they would have to cancel my appointment.  I knew that I wouldn't be back until May and didn't want to wait that long to get my teeth cleaned.  Everything went well and I made appointments for Cal, Cameron and I before I left.  I might change to a dentist in Florida one day, but for now I prefer to stay with Dr. Mayden.  I have been going to him since I was nineteen years old.  Plus, everyone there knows our family - several even asked about Meg's upcoming wedding before I left today.

We packed up Grandma's white car and headed to Brett's at 1 p.m.  The car was tight, but we fit everything in plus the four of us.  The only bad part of the drive was that I got carsick right away.  I wasn't used to the small car and felt absolutely terrible the entire drive to Bloomington.

Brett was happy to see us when he got home from work.  I picked up Cameron after his History of Rock N Roll class.  I enjoyed listening to all he had learned about the Beatles today.  The six of us went to Upland's for dinner.  It was the first time that we had been there that we were seated immediately.  After dinner, we dropped Brett off at the Knights of Columbus and headed back to his apartment to watch the IU vs. Rutgers game.  The game did not go as planned, so Doug and I were happy to miss the end of it to pick Brett up at the end of his meeting.  We then took Cameron back to the dorm before heading to bed.  It was very nice to see both of them before we left for Florida.  



No comments:

Post a Comment