Thursday, January 18, 2024

Foot Woes

On the first day back from Indiana, I stubbed my toe on Cameron's bed. I didn't think much of it and continued to walk on it normally for the rest of the day.  Unfortunately, it must have been worse than I realized.  Soon, I could barely move my toes and the top of my foot was entirely black and blue.  After going to church on Sunday and not being able to walk very far without my foot throbbing in pain, Doug suggested I try the boot that I was given several year ago for my ankle.  It almost instantly stopped the throbbing and I kept it on for the rest of the week.  As an added bonus, I noticed that my planter's fasciitis was a lot better as well.  

I didn't wear the boot to the dermatologist today as I knew that a whole body check would include my feet.  It hurt, but was manageable.  In the end, it was a good thing that I didn't wear it as she found a freckle on my left toe that she was concerned enough about to take a picture of and make an appointment for me to return in three months.  I asked about a biopsy, but she said it could wait and that she didn't want to aggravate the broken toe beside it.  I was glad for that.  She also removed a cyst from my face that was not noticeable to anyone else but me.  Thankfully, it was benign.  Before I left she put liquid nitrogen on a skin tag as well.  

Tonight, I was feeling pretty old.  Not only had I spent the afternoon at the dermatologist, but this morning we had signed our new will as well.  My own mortality must have really been bothering me as I spent the rest of the evening anxious that I had melanoma on my foot.  Doug and Meg both told me that if it was really concerning, she would have done something about it immediately.  I also looked back at pictures from this past summer and the freckle looked the exact same.  I know that I will feel better about it all tomorrow, it will just take some time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment