Monday, December 30, 2019

More Football

Today was probably my least favorite of Christmas break as I spent the majority of it taking down all of the decorations and putting them away.  I love the holidays, but it's such a chore to clean up afterward.  Doug took all of the tubs downstairs for me once he got home and offered to take Cam and I to dinner after he got home from work.  I really appreciated that, but unfortunately there was nowhere in town open to eat except the Frog.  I don't normally mind going there, but the food just wasn't up to par tonight.

The nice part was that I got to catch up on football with Cameron.  Illinois was playing in the Redbox bowl which kept us busy most of the afternoon.  For awhile we thought that IU would be invited to it, but as the standings in the Big Ten kept changing that theory went out awhile ago.  It would have been fun to go as the stadium was less than twenty miles from Doug's Aunt Rosey.  Unfortunately, the Illini lost to Cal, but it was a good game and a nice way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment