Thursday, December 12, 2019

Love My Van

I absolutely love my Honda Odyssey.  We have had it for over seven years.  It is dependable, has a lot of leg room, travels well and has been the main mode of transportation for the majority of the Heinisch children's high school years.  We hadn't really put much money into it and had planned to keep it until Cameron earned his driver's license.  We had to think long and hard about that decision from the news that we had received today.   

Cam and I were on our way to tennis and the malfunction indicator light came on and stayed lit up.  While he was playing I read through the owners manual and tried some of the easy solutions to get it to turn off.  As nothing changed, we decided to take it into Monteith.  Unfortunately, it was not the inexpensive fix that we had hoped that it would be.  Instead we found out that the catalytic converters needed replaced with a total cost of $1800. 

Doug and I talked through the possibilities this afternoon of either fixing the van, purchasing a new vehicle or taking back the CR-V for awhile.  In the end we both agreed that fixing the van would be the best choice.  It would definitely be cheaper than buying anything and since we just got the Pilot we wanted to wait awhile before getting another new vehicle.  Cal needed the CR-V, so that was really never a possibility.  I still loved my van as did the rest of the Heinisch family and we had just fixed the brakes, so keeping it was the overwhelming decision.  As Meg said when I told her, "Mom, you are that van." 

No comments:

Post a Comment