Tuesday, December 10, 2019

End of a Good "Run"

I spent the morning at Dr. Freeze's office for my yearly check-up.  We have been impressed with her thoroughness and today was no exception.  She started with a finger prick to screen for immediate concerns and ended by taking five vials of blood for a more thorough workup.  The good news was that my cholesterol and sugar levels were fine, so no new medication was needed.  We discussed my unexplained weight gain and join pain.  After a complete exam, she felt that the first issue was due to water retention and I would have to return to taking furesomide.  She also wanted me to forgo the 10,000 steps a day and instead spend 150 minutes a week on the elliptical.  Although drawing blood took three tries, everything else went well and I left feeling happy about the new plan.  As proud as I was of my 18+ months straight of 10,000 or more steps a day, the daily goal had become daunting.  Plus it no longer felt as though it was making a difference.  I am nervous about the 150 minutes on the elliptical as it will be difficult for me to start, but I believe that I am ready for the challenge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment