Monday, December 16, 2019

Bethany Finals Week

Last night Cameron went with Avery, Richard and Samuel to see Jumanji The Next Level.  He really liked the movie and said that it was a good sequel to the first one.  They went to Honey's afterward for frozen yogurt.  He had a lot of fun, but when he got home he wasn't feeling the best.  I originally thought it was the yogurt, but by morning we both realized that it was more than that.  His head was killing him and he had a slight fever.

Since this was finals week, he really didn't want to miss school.  I strongly encouraged him to try Mucinex and Ibuprofen if he planned on going.  Thankfully, there was a two hour delay today which made his time at school shorter than usual.  Once I dropped him off, I headed to the Wakarusa Dime Store where I hoped to pick up stocking stuffers for the Heinisch children.  Before I got there, I received a text from Cameron.  I figured that he wanted to go home, but instead he wrote, "Guess who took a volleyball to the crotch during PE?"  As soon as I read it, I laughed out loud, not at Cam's misery, but at the fact that I was now completely positive that I was the worst Mom in the world.  Not only did I encourage him go to school on a day when he did not feel well, but I also sent him in to get injured during gym class.  The good news was that he saved the ball from going into the goal giving his team the win.  He texted later than he had also studied for his English final and felt a lot better after lunch time.

While Cam was busy at school, I made my purchases at the candy store, did some grocery shopping and met Doug for lunch.  I had wanted to meet him last week, but he was busy.  Today worked out perfectly for both of us and I really enjoyed visiting with him during the midday hours.  We chose Tap and Grill for our meal and enjoyed it just as much as we had in the past.  Maybe I will branch out next time and try something new, but my usual turkey wrap was delicious as always.

I made it back home in time to unload groceries and exercise before picking up Cam at 3:30.  He was feeling a lot better, although he still had a cough.  We spent the time before Doug got home watching Gotham while Cameron studied for his health final tomorrow.  Cam took a break after dinner to play Madden.  Doug and I then watched White Christmas.  It had been quite some time that I had given it my full attention without doing something else at the same time.  It was even better with than I remembered.  Cameron checked in with us around 8 p.m.  His slight fever had returned and his whole body ached.  We encouraged NyQuil, Ibuprofen and an early bedtime.  He was alright with all of that and soon headed upstairs.  I was hopeful that tomorrow would be a better day for him, but worried that it would be a rough one.  Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment