Monday, December 2, 2019

Christmas is Complete

Mom and I went to Walmart so I could buy outside lights for the tree in the backyard as ours stopped working.  With that it took most of the day, but I finally got all of the Christmas up, the North Pole series out and the red and green tubs put away.  I was thankful to be done and glad that I didn't have to ask Doug to do very much.  His leg had not gotten much better and I didn't want him to hurt it by carrying everything downstairs.  Cameron was able to help as well which I appreciated.  Tonight he even decorated the Christmas tree.  He did remark that it was a lot better without Meg and Brett arguing about which ornaments went on the tree. I made that part easy for him by setting out just the ones that I wanted.  I tried to chose ornaments that we hadn't put up in awhile.  It looked wonderful when it was finished and I was glad to have it done.  

Today wasn't all about decorating.  I did spend quite a bit of the morning shopping as it was Cyber Monday.  This was the second year that I had done my Christmas shopping on line and was just as pleased as last year.  I not only purchased over 70% of our gifts today, but also saved money, earned Kohls cash and even ordered a shirt and tie for Bethany's semi-formal on Friday.  Mom and I picked it up when we went to Goshen today and was glad that Cameron approved of it.  I still have some shopping to do, but it was nice to have finished the majority of it today.  That combined with finishing the Christmas decorating made it an extremely productive day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment