Friday, December 28, 2018

Visiting Friends

This morning I left with Paula, Mary, Wendy and Betsy on what Meg named a "Mom" trip.  Our destination was Fountain City, Indiana to visit Debbi.  I had not seen her since May and missed our daily talks from when I taught with her.  Paula and Betsy had stopped by her home in the early fall, but no one had made a day of it yet.  I was happy to be invited to go with my former colleagues.


The trip down was a rough one filled with quick turns and a lot of hills.  I was thankful for a seat in the front.  Fortunately, the last half was all interstate and we made it in one piece.  Debbi suggested "Little Sheba's" for lunch and we were happy to see her as soon as we pulled into the parking lot.  There were a lot of hugs to be shared and for Debbi, several tears.  We all enjoyed catching up as none of us had spent much time together this fall.  We took pictures and chronicled our day for Meg.  She was "worried" about us being "safe"!!  The service was slow, but no one minded as there was plenty to talk about.  The sandwiches were just as good as promised and by 3 p.m. we were out the door and on our way to Debbi's new house.



We drove through Richmond on our way to her new home.  It was situated on a farm near her parents close to the highest spot in Indiana and the Ohio line.  She and Joshua gave us a tour of their home.  It was nice to see all of her plans come to life.  Afterward we spent several more hours catching up and no one seemed to want to suggest leaving.  Paula finally said that we'd better start back.  It was close to a three hour drive home and several of the women had family trips to take in the morning.  It was sad saying goodbye, but on the way home we saw several towns that would make great halfway points for our next get together.

Paula dropped me off close to 9 p.m.  I was happy to hear that Cam and Brett had enjoyed their day together, eating Taco Bell for lunch, watching Halloween 3 and going bowling.  Cal joined in their fun playing pool and hanging out with them until his friends arrived.  Doug made everyone dinner.  Meg spent the afternoon shopping with Nick once basketball practice was over.  She appreciated my picture updates and was glad that we made it home safely.  Doug agreed to take a walk with me.  I had sat far longer than normal and was still in need of 3000 steps.  I was thankful that he was willing to go with me.  It felt great to stretch my legs and to tell him all about my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment