Monday, December 31, 2018

New Year's Eve

We left this morning for South Bend.  We had decided to take a break from cleaning and painting to eat lunch at Portillo's and to do some shopping.  The food was just as good as it was two weeks ago when Cal, Brett and I went.  Brett changed his hot dog order to a hamburger and I tried the chocolate candy cane shake.  

After lunch we stopped at Target for groceries and then headed to the mall.  I bought calendars first for Meg, Cam and I as they were all 50% off.  Meg did some shopping on her own.  Doug used a $20 gift certificate at Jos. A Banks to buy a new shirt.  Cam and I toured the mall and then met Brett at the Disney Store.  He had been eyeing a Jack Skellington jacket.  It originally started at $99 and by today it was down to $39.99.  It was too good of a deal to pass it up.  I did make a stop at Yankee Candle although I won't be urging as many candles.  The reason we had to repaint the bathroom was the soot stain from the one I had in there.  I promised Doug I would stop burning one in there since he got it painted.  Our last stop of the day was Barnes & Noble.  Cam used his gift card to buy a mystery/thriller written by one of his new favorite authors.

The rest of our New Year's Eve was a typical Heinisch family one.  Meg had Gabby and Preston over for the celebration.  Cameron spent the night at Breece's for his annual New Year's Eve gathering (which he sent invitations out for in August).  Cal left for Chicago this afternoon with Riley and Jayce to hang out with their roommates from IU.  Brett, Doug and I called my parents to come up for appetizers and cards.  My Mom destroyed us at Oh Hell and I won Racko.  In between all of the game playing we made time to watch WKRP and The Twilight Zone.  It was a fun night for all and I felt blessed when the ball dropped at midnight that we had all had a wonderful 2018 and had quite a bit to look forward to in 2019.  

No comments:

Post a Comment