Saturday, December 15, 2018

A Day of Basketball

This morning Doug and Cam left for Indy.  Doug had received tickets to the Crossroad Classic from a friend for Christmas and they were more than happy to spend the day watching basketball.  The outcome of the first one was disappointing as Notre Dame beat Purdue without much problem.  The IU vs. Butler game, however, made the trip well worth it.  I was able to catch the majority of the game on television with Cal.  It was a close one that Butler led from the start.  A couple of times it looked like the Hoosiers might take the lead, but a turnover or missed shot would put the game back in the Bulldogs' hands.  When I left for Meg's game, IU was once again closing in on the lead and I was hopeful.  Cal called me when I got to Bethany to let me know that the Hoosiers pulled it out with a three point buzzer beater.  I was bummed to have missed it, but glad that Doug and Cam got to see it live.  They didn't get home until 9 p.m. but were still excited about the game once they arrived.  Cam even scored a red Crossroad Classic shirt which he wore with pride.




While Doug and Cam were gone for the day, I kept busy by attending Meg's Bethany Holiday Tourney.  The girls won two close games against LCA and ECA to remain tourney champions.  In between games Brett and I went to see Ralph Breaks the Internet.  The first half was very good and overall we were glad that we saw it.  For the rest of the afternoon, I worked on laundry and picking up the house while watching the game with Cal.  Doug brought home Bourbon Street pizza on his way back, and Brett and I finished the evening by watching "The Others."  It was just as scary as the first time that I saw it, but well worth watching again.

No comments:

Post a Comment