Saturday, December 1, 2018

Bohemia Rhapsody

This afternoon was a busy one for all of us.  Doug ran Avery back to Goshen while I unpacked and organized all of the items that we bought yesterday.  The weather was miserable so I also did some walking in the basement to get halfway to my 10,000 steps.  Meg and Jackie left before 10 a.m. this morning so that they could pick up her basketball gear for this afternoon's games.

Doug and I left the house at 2 this afternoon to catch the girls varsity game.  It was a close one with Lakewood Park Christian winning by four.  Cam did not go with us to the game.  He stayed home to watch IU vs. Northwestern.  It too was a close game with the Hoosiers winning in the end by two. He went to my parents afterward to play Uno and watch the Alabama vs. Georgia football game.

Doug and I made plans after the Bethany game to go to the movie "Bohemian Rhapsody" based on the life of Queen and their lead singer Freddie Mercury.  Jen had told me that it was very good, but we just hadn't had time to go.  I was happy that we did make it today as it was just as enjoyable as she said it would be.  The story was more complex than I would have guessed and the music was excellent.  We were both glad that we went.

We met my parents and Cam back at our house to play "Oh Hell!"  Cam kept us up-to-date on the Northwestern and Ohio State Big Ten Championship game.  Doug was proud of his victory at "Oh Hell!" and took a lot of grief from me for his self celebrating.  Cam bowed out after the first card game to watch the end of the football game.  The rest of us decided to play partner euchre with Mom and I finally getting our revenge on Doug and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment