Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Oath of Office

This morning Brett and I drove to the Kosciusko County Courthouse to witness Doug being sworn in as County Council person for District 1.  I was not able to attend the ceremony four years ago as I was working, so I was glad to go today.  The courtroom was packed with family and friends of others taking the oath of office.  Fortunately, Brett and I were able to get a seat in the front row.

There were several others to be sworn in before Doug.  I noticed that a couple of them had asked their wives to step forward and stand with them as the repeated their charge.  I was a little panicked that I would be called to the front as well, but thankfully, Doug knew that I would not have an interest in being in the spotlight.  Thus, I got took photos of the ceremony and Brett caught it on all on video. We were proud of Doug and his years of service to the county council.  At the benediction the pastor encouraged the newly sworn in candidates to take their role seriously and to never forget God and family.  Doug has done that very well.



No comments:

Post a Comment