Thursday, August 8, 2024

Owie Toe

When Cameron turned two, he severed his toe. It was a very traumatic event. Thankfully, the ER doctor was able to save it. For a long time afterward, Cameron would talk about his “owie toe.” I never really knew if it still hurt or if he just remembered how bad it felt when it happened. Either way, it was awful.

This past year I’ve really been able to relate to “owie toe.”  In January, I accidentally ran into the end of Cameron‘s bed and broke my toe. Wearing a boot really helped the toe, but it messed up my sciatic nerve. My leg took forever to heal, and it really didn’t feel back to normal until the last couple of weeks. 

Unfortunately, I was in the yard weeding a few days ago and I hurt the toe again. I was super bummed. The toe now looks terrible, but at least this time I do not think it is broken. The pain is not the same, even if it looks pretty nasty. 



I guess going forward that I will have to be extremely careful.  My left leg has enough nerve damage in it that I don’t always feel it.  I realize that it’s just going to be more prone to injury. For now, I will just be thankful that I have not had the traumatic toe injury that Cameron did years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment