Tuesday, August 20, 2024

"Feel A Whole Lot Better . . ."

I thought a lot about the song “‘I’ll Feel a Whole Lot Better When You’re Gone by Tom Petty today. My head cold and sinus issues weren’t completely gone , but I definitely felt a whole lot better. I was able to breathe and actually sleep. I still have a cough that is pretty bad, but it is getting better as well. Meg keeps telling me that I sound like a smoker, and I probably do.

Thankfully, I was able to get out and do more today. I got my haircut, did a load of laundry, and met Mary and Paula for dinner. My hair is the shortest that it has ever been, but that will be nice since I won’t be back for Amanda to cut it in  a while. Paula was filled with a lot of stories of Paula’s upcoming move to Indy and Mary had beautiful pictures of her new granddaughter. I was so thankful that they were able to meet me at the last minute. I hadn’t told them I was coming as I didn’t know my schedule and I didn’t know how I would feel.

Tonight, I was able to make it back in time for a couple games of Switch with Grandpa and a few episodes of the Drew Carey show. I will definitely be ready to go home tomorrow, but I am thankful that I was able to see so many people on my weeklong trip to the Midwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment