Friday, August 30, 2024

Congratulations Brett and Karen

Sometime after Meg‘s wedding, Brett started talking to me about getting engaged to Karen. Originally, he thought about asking her after the November election. He soon realized that his feelings were too strong and he didn’t want to wait that long. I couldn’t blame him. Brett and Karen were very happy together, and they had waited a long time to find that special someone.

When Brett started making plans for their engagement, he asked my thoughts on places to ask and how.  He had thought about taking her to Memphis during Labor Day weekend, but found out that she had already been there. I suggested the Biltmore. It was only a 5 1/2 hour drive from Karen’s and they could make a weekend of it. He didn’t give Karen any specifics about getting engaged, but did ask her if she wanted to go away to celebrate their seven month anniversary. She was super excited and asked if her parents could meet them as well. Soon, they  made plans to spend Labor Day weekend in Asheville, North Carolina. Brett told me that he was going to schedule the 2:30 tour on Saturday and then afterward find a quiet spot in the gardens to ask her to marry him. I thought it sounded really nice and was excited to hear all about it after the weekend.

Tonight, I opened up Facebook to a picture of the two of them smiling. Brett‘s post above it said, “I just asked Karen to marry me.” All of the comments congratulated them and responded with “Did she say yes?” Brett never answered that on Facebook, but I did hear later from him that she said yes. He said that the post was actually his proposal. They were at their favorite restaurant in New Albany when they went out back to talk.  He must have said, “Hey, have you checked Facebook lately?” I thought it was the perfect way for Brett to ask and was super excited for them. Now they’ll be able to enjoy their Labor Day weekend at the Biltmore celebrating their engagement and making memories that they will never forget.




No comments:

Post a Comment