Monday, August 12, 2024

Getting Out of the House This Weekend

Part of the reason that I was so sad on Friday was that I had been spending a lot of time at home by myself last week.  Doug was very busy with work and I had been doing several projects for him as well.  Thus, I was really glad to get out of the house on Saturday night and most of the day Sunday.  It really lifted my spirits.  Last night we went to Gainesville for the evening with Phil.  The guys tried a few new beers including "Among the Wildflowers."  I didn't even have to taste it to realize that I loved it.  Anything named after one of my favorite Tom Petty songs had to be good.  Once they were done with their tastings, we ate dinner at Relish before heading back to Ocala.

After church today, we spent the majority of our Sunday in Orlando.  Doug wanted to check out a few places and I wanted to drive by a trendy area that I had read about.  We were very impressed with Baldwin Park.  It would be the perfect place for Meg and Nick to live if they move this way.  There were townhomes to rent, coffee shops and a lot of bike trails.

Our next stop was Epcot. We walked through the countries, ate lunch, rode a few rides and avoided the rain showers as much as possible.  The park was relatively empty due to the weather and absence of any festivals.  It was nice to be crowd free, but I think we like Epcot during the festivals better.  

Cal had sent me an article yesterday about the new Haunted Mansion beignets at Port Orleans French Quarter. I decided that we had to try them before leaving Orlando.  There was a long line, but absolutely worth it.  They used powdered sugar flavored with cookies and cream.  The pastries were also topped with vanilla and marshmallows drizzle.  I honestly thought that they were better than the original.  Either way, they were fun to try and the perfect way to end our day out. 





No comments:

Post a Comment