Thursday, February 1, 2024

Sunshine in Indiana

It wasn't as hard to get up at 6:30 this morning as I thought that it would be last night when I went to bed.  After the long trip, I wasn't quite sure how I would feel.  It really helped that it was extremely sunny today.  The air was chilly at 40 degrees, but I had expected a gloomy day as last year it was cloudy 21 straight days in the month of February.  

I took advantage of the early morning wake up call and the sunshine to run to Warsaw after I dropped Doug off in Elkhart.  I bought some groceries for our day here and also picked up my contacts from the eye doctor.  I had just enough time to shower, before I had to leave for my haircut with Amanda.  The sun was still shining which matched her disposition.  It was her first day back after having carpal tunnel surgery and her hand was hurting.  That didn't stop her from smiling and talking just like always.  I appreciated her working me into her schedule and enjoyed listening to her talk about what she had been up to these past few weeks.

I did get some rest this afternoon.  I knew that I couldn't drive over to Elkhart tonight to pick Doug up if I didn't get some sleep.  He stayed at Champion until 7 p.m. working.  He had a lot to do while he was there and felt good about all that he got accomplished.  We ate dinner at Goshen Brewing Company and tried a new curry dish.  I didn't really like it, but Doug did and we enjoyed our favorite local restaurant just the same.  I wasn't sure about coming back to Syracuse when Doug made plans for this trip, but in the end I was glad that I did.  The sunshine definitely helped with that as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment