Saturday, February 10, 2024

A Disney Valentine Celebration

Doug had told me last December that the next time that we went to Disney World that he wanted to go back to Animal Kingdom.  We had spent most of our time at Epcot lately because of all of their festivals.  We both liked Disney's 2nd theme park, but thought a change of pace would be a good idea.  A couple of weeks ago, I suggested to Doug that we take a day trip to Disney this weekend as it was supposed to be beautiful and we didn't have much of anything else on our schedule besides his work for Champion.  I also thought that it would be a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day a little early.

Doug and I left at 6:30 this morning for Animal Kingdom.  I was very glad that I had made a park reservation several days ago as all of the parks were full for annual pass holders.  Earlier this week, I had also called Disney about getting a disability pass for myself.  I had been having a lot of problems with the arthritis in my left leg and knew that I would not be able to stand very long.  I couldn't believe how easy the process was and was impressed with how well it worked once we arrived.  The pass allowed us to walk right on four different rides, even my favorite, the Nav'i River ride in Pandora.  Since I didn't have to stand in line, I was able to do a lot more than normal, even walking through Gorilla Falls before lunchtime.  










Since we had done everything that we wanted to in Animal Kingdom, Doug and I decided to have lunch at Epcot.  The Festival of the Arts was going on and Doug had never been.  It also gave us a chance to pick up the new passholder magnet.  We were surprised that the park wasn't quite as crowded as Animal Kingdom.  We had to wait for the magnet, but the lines for the food booths weren't very long at all.  We walked around the countries looking at the different art booths.  I thought about buying some wall decor, but decided that I didn't really need any.  The food was very good.  We especially enjoyed the selections at Morocco.  Of course, England had the best drinks, including my all time favorite - The Welsh Dragon.  The DAS pass worked on the Epcot rides as well, and we were able to ride both Remy and Soarin'.  We only stayed at at Epcot until 3.  My leg had had enough and I was completely exhausted.  I did have just enough energy to get a chocolate banana for dessert before we headed to the car.  I was ready for a break from walking, but so incredibly happy to have celebrated our Valentine's Day early at one of my favorite places on earth. 












No comments:

Post a Comment