Sunday, February 18, 2024

Time at Church

Yesterday, I spent the morning at Blessed Trinity enjoying a spiritual retreat put on by the Council for Catholic Women.  I loved the fellowship with the other women and learned a lot about the Eucharist and Adoration.  While I was there, one of the women who runs the church gift shop asked me if I could help work the register before or after a mass on the weekend.  I told her that I was definitely interested in helping, but knew that I couldn't work there every weekend.  She was more than receptive to any help that I could provide and we made plans to meet tomorrow before the 11 a.m. mass for my training.

I arrived at the church at 9:45 this morning, a little bit nervous about volunteering.  I had never been in the gift shop and our new church was very large.  Thankfully, I found the shop right away and soon was learning along with one other volunteer on how to run the computer, where the inventory was and even how to record "tips."  The gift shop wasn't quite as busy as I thought it would be, but there were enough customers that I was able to process a few sales.  I also learned how to open and close the door, turn on the security system and where to put money from Father Pat's book.  I felt really good about it all when we closed for mass at 10:55 a.m.

After this weekend I realized that it is so nice to have a church that has activities for people who want to be involved.  I have absolutely loved that about Blessed Trinity and know that I was missing that in my life.  I should have more opportunities to get involved as well.  I was asked to help sell souvenirs at the special exhibit of the Arm of St. Jude and may even have a chance to be treasurer of CCW next year.  All in all, it has been a great start to becoming members of our new parish.

No comments:

Post a Comment