Monday, February 19, 2024

Visiting the Barnhart Family

Aunt Jan's family all arrived in Orlando yesterday after a terrible trip down through ice and snow in Southern Indiana.  Tonight, Doug and I drove down to meet them at Portillo's for dinner.  I was glad to hear that everyone had had a relaxing day after the trip and made the best of today even though it was cold and rainy.  I told everyone that since we had moved here, I could only remember two terrible weather days.  Unfortunately, today was one of them.  

Portillo's was very good.  I wanted my usual chili, cheese dog, but decided to stay healthy and try the grilled chicken sandwich.  It was delicious.  Doug stuck with his favorite - The Big Beef.  More than the food, however, it was very nice to see so many familiar faces.  We enjoyed catching up with everyone and decided to go back to Aunt Jan's vacation spot  before heading home.  Their hotel was very nice with room for everyone.  Aunt Jan was most excited about the shower renovation.  It was impressive.  We made plans to try and get together again before they all headed back to Indiana.  All in all, it was a fun evening and both Doug and I were glad that we were able to make the trip on this uncharacteristically cold and rainy Florida night.  



No comments:

Post a Comment