Monday, February 12, 2024

My Dental Woes

Today, I went back to have my temporary crown replaced with a permanent one.  It actually hurt more than I expected.  This was the first time that I had a crown without a root cannel first and the cold air on the nerve was extremely painful.  The process took a lot longer than I expected, but it did look nice once it was finished.

While I was there, I also had a new patient exam complete with full dental x-rays.  There were a couple of small cavities on the right side of the mouth, but I wasn't surprised to hear that.  What really caught my attention was the decay that they found surrounding the three crowns that I had done several years ago.  The worst one was on the bottom left and the dentist wasn't sure that he would be able to save the tooth base because the decay was that bad.  The three areas that he showed me were ones that I had pointed out during my past dental cleanings.  I guess the technology must be more advanced here as they could detect the problem right away.  

I decided not to wait any longer on getting the other work done.  I did not want the problem to get worse and really wanted to finish all of the work before Meg's wedding.  I made an appointment for tomorrow morning to get started on the left side.  It will be expensive to have all of this done, but by the grace of God, the money I had left from the sell of our home in Syracuse was the exact amount that I would need for my dental work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment