Thursday, February 8, 2024

Florida Decorations

After living my entire life in the Midwest, I have really come to enjoy decorating in Florida.  It's completely different here with so much to chose from that just wouldn't fit in Northern Indiana.  I loved all of the pumpkins in the fall there, but here I can leave up tiki decorations year round.  

When my parents were here we spent a lot of time shopping.  My mom enjoyed looking through the home decorations with me and picking out decor that she thought would look good at our new place.  I didn't want to buy anything until I knew exactly what I wanted.  We finally found some birds that I loved, but the price was a little steep.  I told her that I would wait until I got back from Indiana to decide.

While I was cleaning this week, I ran across a Valentine's Day card from my parents thanking us for letting them stay here for the past three weeks.  They also put in some money and told me to take Doug to dinner one night and to buy my birds.  I really appreciated their thoughtfulness and after taking Doug to Las Margaritas Tuesday night, I decided to put the rest of the money to good use and see if I could find something for my shelf above the coat closet.

Today, I headed to Hobby Lobby thinking that I might see something in their home decor section, but had no luck.  It was the same with Belk's, although I did finally find the white pair of shorts that I was looking for a few weeks ago.  Better yet, I had a $20 reward from opening my credit card that paid for the majority of them.  I stopped at Home Goods next and was completely surprised when I saw nothing that I liked.  

Completely discouraged I took a break for soup at McAlister's.  I decided that I'd give the Bealls Outlet store a try.  It's not my favorite, but it was on the way to the regular Bealls store, so I figured I might as well give it a shot.  Not only did they have birds, they had the exact ones that I was looking for and at a discounted price.  I grabbed six of them and even found some decorations for our outside tiki bar on sale as well.  

I texted Meg as soon as I got everything arranged.  She liked all of it.  I wasn't sure what Doug would think, but he agreed that they all looked perfect.  I sent a picture to my mom.  She loved them and forwarded it on to Aunt Jan, who agreed immediately.  It definitely was a successful day here in Florida.










No comments:

Post a Comment