Sunday, February 4, 2024

What a Wonderful Weekend

It was such a wonderful weekend in Bloomington that I really didn't want to leave this afternoon.  We made the most of our time with Brett this morning by finishing a couple of organizing and cleaning projects that he had on his to-do list.  I don't know that Brett loved all of my "helpful suggestions", but he definitely appreciated the finished product.  Brett doesn't really need us for much else, so it was nice to assist him in this project.

We picked Cameron up for lunch at McAlister's at noon.  He had been studying for one of his businesses classes this morning while we were at Brett's.  Doug was able to read over his resume and make a few suggestions.  He submitted that and two essays to the Kelley Honors program application portal today.  We are all hopeful that he is chosen, but know that the competition to get in is tough.  Lunch was very nice.  We talked about the IU athletic department and their success outside of men's basketball and football.  Brett was having none of it as he continued his love of making fun of IU sports' programs.

We played Ticket to Ride Germany after lunch with Brett beating us this time.  That left Doug completely shut out as Cameron and I had both won yesterday.  He did make a surprising comeback in Sorry, however, to win that one.  I took Cameron back to the dorm before we left for the airport.  He had plans to study and take it easy the rest of the day.

Our flight to Orlando was delayed by a half hour because of the storms in Florida.  Doug and I spent the time eating dinner and talking about our weekend.  Doug asked me how saying goodbye to Cameron went.  I started crying and told him that I didn't realize how hard it would be to have no one at home with us anymore.  Doug laughed and said, "Heidi, you couldn't talk to your adult children more if they lived next door."  I knew he was right and stopped crying.  While none of them live with us anymore, they definitely are a huge part of my day to day life, and I am incredibly thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment