Friday, February 2, 2024

Bloomington

Doug finished his work at Elkhart at 1 p.m. and we headed to Bloomington from there.  I appreciated my parents taking me to Champion as it made our trip a lot easier.  I believe that I talked all the way to Kokomo before "I came up for air" as Doug put it.  Although we had spent a lot of time together, it hadn't really felt like we had been alone since before Christmas.  I enjoyed have our family visit, but was thankful for the alone time with Doug today.  I took full advantage of my captive audience on the trip south.

Traffic was light, so we were able to get to Brett's by the time that he got off of work.  Cameron met us there and the four of us headed straight to Mother Bear's for dinner.  The parking lot was packed, but we were able to get seated right away.  The guys all ordered pizza while I stuck with The Riddler - a specialty grilled chicken sandwich.  It was very nice to catch up with Brett and Cameron while we waited for our food and enjoyed dinner together.  They had both been very busy - Cameron with classes and clubs, Brett with work and his friends.  Brett also let us know that he had officially started dating Karen.  They had been seeing each regularly since before Christmas and we were happy that he felt good about their relationship.

After dinner, we stopped at Kroger.  We needed a few things for our weekend at Brett's.  It also gave us an opportunity to buy dessert from Cumbl Cookie nearby to celebrate the upcoming Valentine's holiday.  We spent the rest of the evening at Brett's apartment playing Ticket to Ride Germany and watching the three Charlie Brown Valentine specials.  It was very fun evening for all.




No comments:

Post a Comment