Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Twenty Five Years in a Blink of an Eye

Today we said goodbye to our home in Syracuse for the past twenty-five years.  It was sad at first when I thought of leaving, but once all of the Heinisch children moved out, I knew that I didn't want to stay.  The house was too big'; I wasn't sure how often they would be able to visit; and honestly, I didn't want to clean three levels with five bathrooms anymore.  We also got a great price for our home.  Thus, I knew that it was the right decision to make.  

In saying that, it still was hard walking through our home one last time this morning.  I knew that I would probably never drive down that street again, so pulling out of our driveway felt strange.  As I headed to meet Doug at the real estate office, I thought a lot about Cameron's charge to his class at graduation.  His words in May fit exactly how I felt today.  We had an awesome twenty-five years of wonderful memories on Sunset Dr. filled with a lot of love.  I would truly miss those days, but there was a whole world in front of us.  It was not a time for sadness for the past, however, it was just the beginning of something new for the six of us!



























No comments:

Post a Comment