Saturday, August 19, 2023

Van Gogh and a Chicago Visitor

Last night Brett arrived at our house tired after a long day at work.  We were very glad to see him and spent the night talking about his campaign ideas for the November election.  Brett was up early this morning to catch the train to Chicago from the South Bend Airport.  He had made plans to see the Van Gogh exhibit at the Chicago Art Museum with Cal and Meg after lunch.  Brett told us that he would then spend the night at Meg's so he could hang out with Nick once he got off of work.  It sounded like a lot of fun and I know that Brett was really looking forward to it.  

I heard from Meg throughout the day.  Although she still wasn't a huge fan of the art museum, she said that they all loved the Van Gogh exhibit.  I appreciated that Meg took pictures of Brett and Cal and enjoyed all of the artwork that Brett sent to us.  Cal texted me as well to see which Renoir painting was my favorite - I loves so many of his, but Two Sisters on the Terrace was always top on my list.  Getting their texts and thinking about my favorite artwork brought back a lot of memories of the trips that we made to the art museum with our family and the ones Doug took with the church youth group years ago.






After lunch, Meg suggested that they take a walk through Lincoln Park. Cal had plans, but Nick was able to make it back from work to meet them.  I loved that Meg sent even more pictures of their adventures together.  Brett enjoyed the zoo just as much as Nick and Meg had earlier in the week, but it left him totally exhausted.  After dinner with Nick, he was wiped out for the night.  






As happy as I was to hear all about their adventures today, the best part was knowing that Brett, Cal and Meg had made plans to hang out together without us being involved.  Everyone wants their adult children to get along, but knowing that they truly enjoy each others company is one of the best feelings ever.  I can't wait to hear about what they plan next.  




No comments:

Post a Comment