Friday, August 25, 2023

Our New Home

We flew into Orlando yesterday morning and were at our home in Ocala by noon.  It was nice to know that we only had one house to worry about now.  I had planned on resting most of the day, but couldn't wait to start the unpacking process.  Doug had brought a lot down with him over the past few trips and it was neatly stacked in the piano room waiting for me.  I worked on it a lot yesterday and today, making pretty good headway.  My goal was to find a place for everything we already had here before the moving truck arrived on Monday morning.  I also wanted to post pictures of our new home as most of our friends and family had not seen it yet.

Tonight we took it easy, enjoying the fire pit on the back patio.  It still is hard to believe that we are now living in Florida, but both of us are happy with the move.  With Doug's work schedule, it made a lot of sense to move as he is needed here more than in Elkhart.  The best part is that his job landed us somewhere that we both really like.  I don't think I would have like moving as much if we ended up in Minnesota.  























No comments:

Post a Comment