Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Moving Out

Meg and Nick packed the CR-V this morning and were out the door by noon.  I really thought that they would stay a little longer, but Meg wanted to get the title to her car switched before they moved her into their apartment.  Meg's vehicle was packed, but most of what she owned had already been taken to Chicago by Nick last month.  

I was very excited for Meg, but sad to see her go.  I knew that her leaving was the first big piece to us moving as well.  Although I was glad to be getting closer to our relocation to Florida, I did sob once she pulled out of the driveway.  I knew that the best way to get over it was to start cleaning her room.  That would give me a project to keep my mind off of her leaving.  It worked and by the time she called to say that they were getting Culver's for lunch, I felt a lot better.  Meg talked excitedly about moving out and I was happy for her.  As an added bonus, she had pretty much cleaned everything out before she left, so by the time she arrived at the Illinois BMV, I was finished with her room - one my item checked off of my todo list and a very happy new Illinois resident - what could be better?






  

No comments:

Post a Comment