Thursday, August 17, 2023

More Boxes and Lots of Packing Tape

With Cameron in Bloomington and Doug busy with work, I have had a lot of time to pack.  I am amazed at how many tubs that we have filled.  Since I have not moved in twenty-five years and have never had movers help, I am not really sure if I am doing everything correctly.  We were told to tape the tubs shut so nothing is taken from them.  Thus, Doug helped me wrap each tub from top to bottom and side to side.  We soon realized that was too time consuming and used up way too much tape.  Instead, we decided to just make sure that the lids were taped down.  If someone wanted to take our Christmas decorations, so be it.  

The boxes we got from Menards were easier to tape shut than the tubs, but I was worried about the bottoms falling out.  That meant more packing and tape.  I ran to several stores in town multiple times, until all that was left was bright silver duct tape.  It worked, it just looked obnoxious.  I also wasn't sure if we needed to keep a list of ever box and tub that we packed or if the moving company would do that.  I decided that it would make the most sense for me to create a spreadsheet of everything that we would be putting on the moving truck.  To do so, I would have to label all of the boxes and tubs.  Once again, it would be time consuming, but I thought that it was important to be organized.  Plus, I would then never have to worry that we forgot something or that the moving company lost anything.  It took several hours, but in the end I was able to complete the spreadsheet with 23 boxes, 35 tubs and 55 pieces of furniture listed on it.  The tubs and boxes didn't look like a lot when gathered together in our house, but it definitely did on our moving list.  Thankful to have movers to get it all to Ocala for us.




No comments:

Post a Comment