Thursday, August 3, 2023

An Awesome First Day

We started dragging everything out into my Mom's driveway by 8 a.m. this morning for the first day of the garage sale.  Even though my cousins had bought a lot of the big pieces, there was still a lot to move.  We had planned on the sale starting at 9 a.m., by by 8:30 the place was absolutely packed.  I couldn't believe how much we had sold in the first few hours.  I knew that we had great prices on everything, but I wasn't quite prepared for the volume of sales that we had this morning.

The rest of the day was busy as well.  By the time we closed, we had sold almost all of the big ticket items that we really wanted to get rid of, including Meg's American Girl Doll, Rebecca, Doug's chainsaw, the grill, bonfire pit, outdoor furniture, and so much more.  Very few people asked us to come down on anything and everyone left saying how impressed they were with our sale.  

I don't know what tomorrow will bring.  I hope to still sell Cal's tow chain and the large black toy cabinet. Either way, my Mom and I were very happy to be able to consolidate clothes, spread items out on the tables and even bring a few small tables back inside.  The rest of the family was just happy to see their earnings for the first day.  It definitely was a profitable one.



No comments:

Post a Comment