Monday, July 24, 2023

The Summer of George

At some point while Meg was taking her History of the Beatles class she sent me this picture and said, "Cameron looks like George Harrison!"  Normally, I do not think that anyone looks like anyone else.  This time, however, I could actually see it.  I noticed when I mentioned her comment to others my age, they could see it as well.  In fact, Alina's father told Cameron right away that he looked like George Harrison.  It wasn't just his haircut and clothing style, but his facial structure as well that resembled the famed Beatle.

At first Cameron really didn't enjoy being compared to George Harrison.  It wasn't about how the singer looked, but more about the fact that he felt that Meg always told him that he looked like someone else.  She wasn't the only one, and he was tired of it.  After awhile, however, he softened to the idea.  In the end he actually said that he could see the resemblance and didn't get too mad when we brought it up.  I was even able to joke with him about what he was thinking when he wrote "My Sweet Lord" or how he felt when the band broke up.  

Either way, it did make listening to George Harrison and the Beatles' music more fun this summer.  Meg's friend, Mallory, had also been enjoying his music so much that she named this, "The Summer of George."  That was something that Meg could back right away.  




No comments:

Post a Comment