Saturday, July 1, 2023

One Swollen Ankle

I noticed that my ankle had swollen during the ride home yesterday.  By the time I got out of the car, I could barely walk.  I wasn't surprised as it had hurt quite a bit after our trip to Epcot on Monday and never really felt much better.  Last night, however, it was at its worst and reminded me of when I had to go to physical therapy six years ago for the same issue.  Today's pain went from my left ankle, up my calf, through my thigh and to my hip.

I decided that the best thing that I could do today was stay off it as much as I could, ice the areas that hurt the worst and take my medication for swelling.  All of that did help a little bit, but I realized by the end of the day that this is going to take some time resolve.  I was bummed by that as we have a lot going on these next seven weeks and an injured ankle is really going to slow me down. Standing hurts the worst, but I can't clean and pack lying down or sitting.  I guess I will take a break from my daily walking routine and just try to make it through the best that I can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment