Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Final Project?

There have been times over these past two years that I have felt completely overwhelmed with the amount of projects that I have had to do to get the house ready to sell.  I realize that I could have done less or have hired some of the projects out, but that would have cost us money.  I figured that if I had the time that I might as well try to do it myself first.

Thus, when all of the lights went out in the pole in our front yard, my heart sank.  I had absolutely no desire in fixing it, but I knew that it would cost us several hundred dollars to get someone to come out and replace it.  I started researching solar lights and other ideas on how to fix it.  I asked my Dad what he thought and he agreed to look at it with me as he had replaced multiple poles at his house.

We started by first taking out the light bulbs and trying to take off the top.  It wasn’t going to be as easy as I thought it would be.  I was just about to get really bummed when I saw a flicker of light in one of the bulbs.  Somehow moving the top around had changed the position of the solar sensor and turned on one of the lights.  I realized that the light bulb was slightly different than the other two, so I changed those two bulbs as well.  

I wasn’t sure what would happen when the sun set tonight, but thankfully right at dusk all three lights popped on.  I texted a picture to Doug right away.  We were both glad that a project that I thought would be overwhelming turned into something relatively minor.  Fingers crossed that there are no more issues until we move.



No comments:

Post a Comment