Saturday, July 8, 2023

All Caught on Tape

While I was cleaning out my closet for the move, I came across all of our old video tapes.  It had been quite some time since I had watched them and decided that before I took them all to Ocala that I would go through each one.  Some were movies that we had taped long ago and others were of the Heinisch family ones from years past.  Most of them, however, were ones that Doug and I had taped of our own family.  Needless to say, those were the best.

Meg spent quite a bit of time watching the tapes with me.  She loved the ones of her dance recitals.  We were both amazed at how good we thought that the girls danced versus the reality.  It reminded us of the last scene in The Music Man where all of the parents thought that their children were fantastic musicians where in reality they were not quite that good.  Meg also loved the videos of her interacting with Cal.  Her favorite was when she got mad at Cal for "cording" her at soccer.  

Cameron thought watching the old videos of us was actually sad,  I had to agree as I thought about us moving away form their childhood home and Cameron going off to college.  He did enjoy the fact that everyone's personality shown through from an early age.  Cal agreed that Brett was Brett from day one.  We also all realized that I had video taped way too many music programs over the years.  

During this process, I was also very glad to share Doug's old movies with his children.  I know that Doug and his friends had a lot of fun making westerns, James Bond films and videotaping the DeKalb area.  The scenes with Phil and Dan definitely caught the attention of the Heinisch children.  Overall, it was a nice walk down memory lane this past week.  I'm looking forward to getting all of the videos on flash drives so that they can be enjoyed for many years to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment