Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Impressive Fortitude

As I had time to reflect about Doug's birthday celebration yesterday, I thought not so much about the day but instead the past two years.  Doug has had two very challenging years with economy struggles affecting his company, traveling back and forth to Florida frequently, taking on a heavier work load, and a negative experience with his dad that has not been resolved.  All of these along with owning two homes and helping Cameron through a tragic experience has made life extremely challenging.  Although the positives - Meg's graduation from college and subsequent engagement as well as Cameron's high school graduation - have been wonderful, scheduling time for those celebrations have added to a very busy time period in his life as well.  I guess it really shouldn't be much of a surprise that on top of all of this that he developed a tremor in his right arm .

Through it all, Doug's attitude has remained positive.  His optimism is ongoing and his fortitude is impressive.  That has really helped me as we have worked our way through these past two years.  He's never given up on anything and I've not heard him complain one time about anything.  I know that he gets his positive attitude from his mother.  Jeanette would be incredibly proud of how he has handled these past two years.  I definitely know that I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment