Sunday, July 16, 2023

Last Weekend Home

Cal arrived this weekend with the intent to stay a few days, work and spend some time at home.  He not only got a lot done, but happened to run into Hannah Marie while he was working out at Eastlake and went out to lunch with her at Oakwood.  He said that it was nice to see her as it felt like he could finally say goodbye to the relationship.  Their lives were headed in different directions with her wanting to live in Miami after finishing grad school and Cal remaining at Plante Moran with the intent on becoming a partner.  I was glad that he was able to find some closure with not only saying goodbye to her, but to Syracuse as well.  

Cal and I work well together.  I leave him alone while he is working, thinking of all that I want to tell him when he takes a quick coffee break.  Once he walks through the door of the basement, I bombard him with everything I had on my mind while he was busy - favorite movie, sports antidote, or the current podcast that I'm listening to on Spotify.   As long as there is coffee brewing and a container of cottage cheese in the refrigerator, Cal seems more than content to listen to all that I have to say and fill me on what he's doing as well.  

I have been more than ready to move to Florida, but one thing that I will really miss is Cal's last minute visits home.  It won't be as easy for him to pop in for a weekend when we leave.  That makes me sad to think about, but I also realize that his time visiting home will start to wane, especially since he has a girlfriend in Chicago and all of his friends are there.  For now I will just enjoy having him here and plan for his trip to Florida over Thanksgiving.  That will stop the tears from flowing when he leaves later this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment