Friday, July 21, 2023

I Hate Losing Power!

I absolutely hate losing power.  Lately, it seems like every time it storms, the electricity goes out.  It never used to be that way.  In fact I can remember dozens of times that my parents lost power and we didn't.  It has definitely been the reverse these past few years.  It isn't the lights or even the electricity that upsets me.  It's the fact that we have no water when the power is out as the pump needs electricity to run. 

The other part that I really struggle to deal with is the fact that I have no idea when the power is going to be restored.  In Florida we've lost power twice.  Both times, we received a text stating what the problem is and when it will be fixed.  If it was like that in Indiana, I probably would be able to handle it a lot better.  

Last night's power outage came after a relatively minor rainstorm.  I don't even remember any wind.  We couldn't get ahold of anyone at REMC to see when it would be restored.  I was trying to get ready for Paula's party and needed to curl my hair.  Cameron had made plans to go to Goshen and needed to get the van out of the garage.  I was pretty upset for awhile and almost cancelled my plans.  I knew that I would struggle to enjoy my evening if Cameron was stuck at home.  

Thankfully, Meg was able to get me to my mom's so that I could finish getting ready.  Our neighbor Kyle let Cameron know that a pole was down in Woodland Acres, so he was able to get a timeline on when he could leave for Goshen.  In the end, everyone had a good time and the power did not ruin anything.  Hopefully, this will be the last outage before we move.

No comments:

Post a Comment