Thursday, July 6, 2023

Jaws

 The more that we listen to The Rewatchables podcasts, the more I think about what movies really are "rewatchable" in the Heinisch home.  Shawshank Redemption, Halloween, Last of the Mohicans, and the Harry Potter series are just a few that have been on repeat on our television over the past few years.  The one, however, that always catches mine and Doug's attention is Jaws.  I bet that I have seen the movie over fifty times, but I still fall for every jump scare and close my eyes at the extremely intense scenes.  I am not as scared of sharks as I was when I first saw Jaws at the age of six, but I definitely put it at the top of the list of the best thrillers of all time.

The 4th of July weekend is in my mind the best time to rewatch Jaws from start to finish.  The past three summers we have watched it on the big screen in our backyard.  This year, however, the weather did not cooperate.  I was glad that we missed watching it over the weekend as it was the first thing that Cal asked to do when he arrived home on the 4th of July.  His love of Jaws is as high as Doug and mine, so we had no problem planning our evening around a movie night.  Once again the movie did not disappoint and we all talked about our favorite scenes throughout.  I still closed my eyes at the scariest scenes and took a bathroom break during Quint's demise.  Even though we weren't able to get out the big screen this time, it was still the perfect summer activity and I was glad that we got a chance to watch it together once again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment