Thursday, July 20, 2023

A Goodbye Party

When Paula asked me what dates worked to get together with everyone this summer, I gave her this week.  With Doug gone, Cameron busy and Meg studying for the CPA, I knew it would be the perfect time.  I also wouldn't be stressed about packing as I would still have a month or so left before things really got hectic.  

What I didn't realize was that it was a going away party.  I guess that I had never thought about leaving my friends.  I knew that I'd be back to visit, but they were right, I really was "going away."  It was such a fun night that I didn't even get too sad.  Paula made a wonderful dinner for everyone.  I tried a new drink that she recommended and loved as well as the homemade fruit pizza for dessert.  Debbi even made the long trip up from southern Indiana to see me off, and I didn't even object to Cherie's group hug.

While I was busy with my "girlfriends", Meg was out with Kaitlin and Gabrielle.  They decided on dinner at GBCo, but were back for dessert with all of us.  Everyone enjoyed catching up with them and they stayed to see the gifts that Paula, Mary, Cherie, Betsy, Wendy and Debbi got me.  I absolutely loved the monogrammed charcuterie board and Lake Wawasee wine stopper.  I knew that I would think of them every time we I used them in Florida.  My hope was that they would visit soon and they could use them with us.  

It was so nice to see everyone and I especially enjoyed visiting with Paula and Mary once everyone headed home.  I know that I will see them again before I leave and almost every time that I am back in Syracuse.  It will be strange, however, knowing that they are not just down the road anymore.  With that in mind, I loved Paula's sentiment in the card that she picked out for me.  I felt the exact same way.












No comments:

Post a Comment