Sunday, October 31, 2021

Happy Halloween

Although it was a low key Halloween for our family compared to ones from the past, it was definitely busier than last year.  Due to the pandemic, we did not participate in any Halloween activities except for watching scary movies in 2020.  Although no one went Trick or Treating this year, we did keep the Halloween spirit alive in the Heinisch family with several of our family traditions and a lot of new activities as well.

Last night Cal dressed up with his friends to represent one of Chicago's legendary musical acts - The Blueman Group.  Their costumes were a big hit and we enjoyed the pictures.  He arrived home this afternoon and was happy to fill us in on his evening.  Meg spent the weekend in West Lafayette.  She and Nick had fun watching Halloween shows, visiting a corn maze and buying candy for the Trick or Treaters.  Brett had visitors both nights of the weekend.  He enjoyed hanging out with his friends and watching some of his favorite movies and Halloween specials.  Cameron was home most of the weekend.  We appreciated spending time with him as he only had the fish fry on his activity list this weekend.  






I hadn't really decided if I wanted to hand out candy to the trick or treaters this year, but Doug really wanted to do so.  I was glad that he talked me into it as we enjoyed looking at all of the costumes.  We each only knew one family that rang our doorbell tonight.  That was different than in years past, but other than that it was a lot of fun.

After trick or treating was over, we turned on the movie, Halloween.  Cal and Doug had just listened to a podcast about it and were interested in rewatching one of their favorite scary movies.  My parents hadn't seen it in years, so they decided to stay and watch it as well.  Doug and I worked on the Charlie Brown puzzle at the same time.  I didn't realize until we were well into the movie that I didn't have to even look up.  I could tell exactly what was happening just by listening.  That's the sign of a good movie in my book - one that I have memorized.  Whether I watched or just listened, it was the perfect way to end the Halloween season.   

No comments:

Post a Comment