Tuesday, August 6, 2019

First Day of the Ninth Grade

Cameron's first day started without incident.  He was up early and ready to go well before we left at 8 a.m.  We had packed everything last night, so there wasn't much to do this morning.  I was thankful for the late start on the first day.  It made the transition back to school a lot easier.  We got the obligatory first day picture, although, we took it at an unusual spot, the church across from Wawasee High School.  It represented not only his first day of school, but also the end of his Pokemon Go summer as it was the closest Poke Stop to our house. 

The rest of my day was a quiet one as Meg was busy most of the day.  I was able to take a walk and buy groceries.  I also started cleaning the house.  I was impressed that by the end of the day I was at 18,000 steps.  My legs could definitely feel it.  Doug picked Cameron up from practice.  He filled us in on his first day.  Tennis went well and he liked most of his classes.  He wasn't too sure about Environmental Science and Spanish, but otherwise he was excited about them.  He did have one hitch to his day, he switched study hall and Spanish attending the wrong classes.  He had it figured out for tomorrow, however, so it shouldn't be a problem gong forward.    I told him what Meg said to us after her start to eighth grade.  About halfway through the first day that year she thought to herself, "Why was I so excited to come back."  Cam could relate, but overall, it went about as well as could be expected.  With this being our eleventh year of having a Heinisch child in high school I do know that we were more than prepared for his first day. Only 179 more to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment