Thursday, August 22, 2019

And Then There Were Three

It was the first day in the Heinisch Home with only half of us in attendance.  It felt strange, but not as much as I had anticipated since Meg spent most of her summer at camp.  This will be our new normal and we have been preparing for it, so it was not quite as sad as it may appear to outsiders.  Plus, it was really neat to check Meg's location on Find My Phone and see Brett and Cal near by.  Meg also checked in several times today, which was really nice as she didn't have that capability at camp.  The only thing out of the ordinary was seeing her during her camp break.

I spent my first day as a mother of only one at home by walking on the Goshen College path.  I then picked up the house and unpacked from our two days in Bloomington.  I worked on my Blog and made it back to Goshen in time to see Cam and his partner, Theo, destroy the Redhawks number one team at JV doubles.  They were the first ones off of the court, and because the match was incredibly quick, Doug was able to watch the majority of it before he left to attend a special County Council meeting.  My parents were at Cam's match as well and headed to The Chief when it was over. 

Since Cam was watching the rest of the JV matches before going to the varsity competition at Bethany where the team would eat dinner at its conclusion, I decided to get a little bit of shopping done at Walmart.  When I returned to Bethany, four of the varsity courts had completed their matches.  Number one singles was headed into a third set which ultimately ended with a tie break victory for the Bruins pair.  It extended the evening a little more than I had planned.  In fact Doug was home from his meeting before Cameron and I arrived.  We appreciated that he had dinner ready for us.  Our first day with our new normal was a little long, but overall it was a nice one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment