Saturday, August 10, 2019

A Day at Home

Doug had a lot of work to do to get ready for his board meeting this week, so we decided to stay home today.  I didn't mind as I was still tired from all of the walking and cleaning that I had done once Cam started school.  I decided to get all of our laundry done, as I knew that Cal would be bringing a lot home tomorrow.  Cam did have practice this morning which he said went well.  Meg spent the afternoon at Nick's family reunion.  She enjoyed it, although all of Nick's cousins were older then they were.  She did come back to check in before the Camp Crosley end of the summer banquet.  She had a lot of fun at it and came home with a new shirt, a yearbook and a signed picture.  Overall, she was happy that she did not work this week.  There were very few campers and a lot of cleaning to be done. 

Doug grilled out tonight which we all appreciated.  It was a beautiful evening to eat outside.  My parents joined us and after we cleaned up, we started a game of Oh Hell.  My Mom destroyed us once again, but we have all gotten used to that.  Cam took a break after the first game and we only made it through half another one before we called it a night.  We couldn't take anymore beatdowns.  Doug was asleep almost as soon as we turned on television.  It didn't surprise me as he had put in more than a full day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment