Monday, April 1, 2019

Goodbye to Disneyland




Today was out last day at the Disneyland Resort.  Overall, we really enjoyed our visit very much.  We had been warned by several others that we might be disappointed by the size of Disneyland compared to Disney World.  We weren’t, however.  In fact we had a lot of fun contrasting the two parks and all they had to offer.  I truly felt like I had stepped back in time, reliving the Magic Kingdom of my youth. 

If we would return, I believe that we would plan on two days at the resort.  By staying the third, however, Meg and Cam were able to ride everything that they missed the previous two days and revisit favorite ones.  I was glad to have finally gotten on the Guardians of the Galaxy ride.  Cam and I were the only ones who tried it as it had a yo-yo effect that Doug and Meg thought would make them sick.  I wasn’t sure how it would make me feel, but it didn’t bother me at all.  It actually was a lot more fun than the Twilight Tower of Terror.  

The last ride of the night was Indiana Jones which Cam and Meg listed as one of their favorites.  While they were riding we got everyone Mickey pretzels for the ride to Oxnard where our hotel was for the night.  As we had to drive through LA to get there we had decided earlier in the day to leave after rush hour.  Our plan worked well and we made it there in less than two hours and just in time for dinner at Outback Steak House before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment