Friday, April 12, 2019

Happy Windsday!!

I felt like I was in a Winnie the Pooh story these past two days as it was extremely windy.  I could almost hear Piglet saying "Happy Windsday" to me when I left for Cam and Meg's sporting events.  As tough as it was to play golf in it last night, it was even more challenging for those involved in the tennis match today.  Yesterday, I braved the wind and the cold to walk along with Cameron.  Tonight, I was extremely thankful that I could park next to the tennis courts and watch Meg play.  Valerie Leininger and her son, Jacob, rode along with me which I appreciated as the match was in Prairie Heights.  They weren't as lucky in avoiding the elements.  Rachel was on a court on the backside, so they had to actually sit in the wind.

Overall, the weather did not effect Meg's play very much.  She adjusted well to the gusts and quickly found herself winning the first set 6-1.  The second set was a little closer.  Meg's hip was bothering her and she couldn't move quite as well.  She still played very well winning the match at 6-1, 6-2.  I talked to her after she was finished.  She was happy with how she finished and was ready to hang out with her teammates and cheer on the Bruins that were still on the court.  We found out later in the evening that the girls won 5-0 putting their record and Meg's at 2-1 on the season.

I made it home in time to ride with Doug to Bethany.  It was the last middle school lock-in for Cam and I was glad to see him off before his night of fun.  We had dinner at Hacienda while checking in with Brett several times during the evening.  He had flown to Virginia for an interview and felt that it went very well.  He had had a challenging week with school, so it was nice to have success today.  He does have a summer position lined up in Bloomington in case this doesn't work out and was happy about that as well.  On the way back he had to make a connecting flight through Atlanta.  There were a lot of delays today because of the storms, so we weren't sure how that would effect him.  By the time we got home from dinner we were thankful to hear that he had boarded the second flight and was on his way to Indianapolis.  Now we just have to wait and see what he hears back from Eberly.

No comments:

Post a Comment