Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Finding Neverland

I left this morning for Bloomington after dropping Cam off early for his iLearn test and seeing Meg out the door afterward.  Brett and I had plans to take a trip to Nashville and found today to be the perfect time for it.  I made it to his house just as he arrived home from his last day of his Project Evaluations class.  It was the toughest class that he had ever taken and he was thrilled to be done.

We had a wonderful time in Brown County and were thankful that the rain subsided long enough for us to walk to lunch at Big Woods Brewery and do some shopping.  I actually did not buy anything, although there were so many wind chimes, bird houses and garden stakes that I definitely would have enjoyed purchasing.  Brett found the mermaid statue that he had wanted to adorn his bathroom.  It was cute and I'm glad that they still had it.  On the way back to Bloomington, we stopped at the College Mall.  I had saved my shopping money to purchase several of my favorite Yankee Candles.  I was also able to get in the rest of my steps during this stop.  We ended our afternoon with Jiffy Treat for dessert.



Brett ushered last night for Finding Neverland, but did not stay to watch it as he had senior night at RUF.  Tonight he ushered again, but took the chance to see the play afterward.  I had bought a ticket for this evening's performance as well.  Although, we did not sit together, we texted several times during the intermission, both very happy with the first act.  It only got better during the second, and we both walked out of the auditorium thrilled that we were able to attend tonight's show.



The play got out later than we had expected, but Cal said that he was still up for getting dinner with us at Buffalouies.  Thankfully, I was able to park close to the theater with Brett's parking permit so we picked him up by 10:15.  Dinner was delicious and the conversation was lively, revolving around The Sopranos, Games of Thrones and Pete Buttigieg running for president.  It was the perfect way to end my day in Bloomington.


No comments:

Post a Comment