Monday, April 29, 2019

Rainy Days and Mondays . . .

Since Spring began we have only had a handful of nice days.  Easter was absolutely beautiful and although yesterday wasn't quite as nice, it was definitely an improvement on the past week.  Today it was back to the new normal, 45 degrees and rain.  I tried not to let the weather ruin my day, but I did make sure to complain loudly to Brett when he called upon his return to Bloomington where it was twenty degrees warmer and sunny.  Looking at the forecast for the rest of the week in Southern Indiana only made me complain louder.  He and Cal will be enjoying seventies and sun while we will be stuck with the dreary days of a long winter.  Hopefully, the weekend will bring some sun here as Meg would like to take pictures outside for Prom.

The rain did not change my plans for the morning.  Cam had an orthodontist appointment to fix a bracket.  It took longer than normal, so he didn't make it back to school until close to 2 p.m.   I ran to Walmart after I dropped him off to get frames for Meg's graduation open house and birdseed.  While I was there we got a text letting us know that Meg's match was cancelled as well as Cam's golf and tennis practices due to the rain.  Cam was bummed as he felt that he had been inside enough these past couple of days.  Meg came home from practice thankful for the time to complete some of her homework.  After dinner Doug and I found another movie on Amazon Prime to watch - Out of Time with Denzel Washington.  We were surprised with how good it was for a free rental.  Tomorrow looks like another dismal weather day.   Some day we'll be able to sing "Here Comes the Sun", just not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment