Saturday, April 13, 2019

Quite the Day!

Cameron made it home at 8:30 and headed straight to bed.  He had only slept three hours last night and wanted to get some more time in before his tennis match at noon.  Doug woke he and Meg up at 10:30 so they could officially start their day.  Doug went with Cameron to the racquet club while I worked with Meg on her graduation announcements and pictures for her open house.  Both had a successful afternoon.  Cam won his match 6-1 and 7-5 while Meg ordered her invitations and sorted through all of the pictures that I had ready for her.  She and I even had time to take a walk before I had to leave for Paula's 50th birthday party.

Doug worked for quite some time on the front light.  The box had broken over the years and it was no longer able to hold the light fixture in place.  We thought about replacing it, but would have to do all of them if we did.  Thus, we were both pleased when Doug came up with a plan to secure it.  Paula's birthday party was a lot of fun.  It was at the Boathouse and even Debbi drove up to meet us.  I had a great time catching up with everyone and Paula really enjoyed her evening.

The dinner broke up early and I was home in time to watch a movie with Doug.  He was pleased with the black beans, rice and fish that he had made for his own meal plus the shrimp and asparagus that I brought him from mine.  Cam was asleep already when I got back.  That didn't surprise any of us.  Meg and Nick were here.  They had gone to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner and stopped back here to watch the Little Mermaid.  Doug and I ended the night with To Catch a Thief.  It was one of our favorite Hitchcock movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment